Easy Voice Transformation with Vocoder, Lo-Fi Effects, and Synths You Can Sing
Aggressively processed vocals are common in electronic music today, but producing these effects easily and reproducing them live has been a challenge —until now. With the VT-3 Voice Transformer, you can smoothly alter pitch and formant in real time to introduce heavily processed vocal sounds into your studio tracks and stage performances with zero hassle. On top of that, the VT-3 looks great and works seamlessly with other products in the AIRA series.
The VT-3 is not just for robot voices (although we totally approve of robot voices). It also has the power to transform your voice into synthesizers, synth basses, hard-tuned and lo-fi sounds, and more. The VT-3 can also be subtle and musical, with built-in reverb, smooth wet/dry fader control, and instant bypass.
Transform your voice with different character types:
- Pop and electro sounds with two distinctive Auto-Pitch effects
- Create VP-330-style Vocoder sounds without the need for a keyboard
- Scatter function for glitchy effects that sound like something’s broken (in a good way)
- Loads of lo-fi character with Megaphone and Radio settings
- Synthetic sounding voices with the Robot button
- Synth, Lead, and Bass settings for synths you can sing
Built for creative speed and live performance, the VT-3 is meant to be played. It features high-quality specs and sturdy, brightly lit controls that are dead simple to use. The controls and functions are smooth and immediate, with no popping, clicking, or latency issues to worry about, even when switching presets or changing voice characters. Weighing less than two pounds and small enough to slip into a bag, you can take the VT-3 anywhere.
VT-3 Version 1.1 New Features
Backup and Restore
- Manage your presets with easy backup and restore over USB.
- More Memory — User presets have been doubled to six locations.
- Character Level — Volume levels of each character are more evenly matched for smooth transitions.
- USB MIDI — Control pitch of voice characters, including vocoder, with external MIDI keyboard.
- Low Cut Filter — Cuts low frequency sensing to improve performance of Auto-Pitch characters.
- Noise Gate — Gates noise to reduce chance of feedback or howling sound.
- USB attenuator — Adjusts level of audio over USB.
- Program Change — Change program memory with MIDI controller message.
- Control Change — Control VT-3 functions with MIDI control change messages.
- Nominal Input Level
- MIC IN: -40 to -12 dBu (variable)
- Input Impedance
- MIC IN (Rear): 4.4 k ohms
MIC IN (Front): 2.2 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level
- OUT: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance
- OUT: 1 k ohms
PHONES: 24 ohms
- Scene Memory: 3
- Voice Changer
- Character Type
- Effect Type
- Pitch slider
Mix Balance slider
- Peak indicator
- MIC IN jack (Rear): XLR type (balanced, phantom power: +48 V, 10 mA Max)
MIC IN jack (Rear): 1/4-inch TRS phone type (balanced)
MIC IN jack (Front): Stereo miniature phone type (plug-in power)
PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
OUT jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
USB port: USB type B (Audio)
PEDAL jack: 1/4-inch phone type
DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- AC adaptor or obtained via USB port (USB bus power)
- Current Draw
- 380 mA
- Owner’s manual
Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
- Options (sold separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, FS-5U
Pedal switch: DP-2
- Size and Weight
- 210 mm
- 175 mm
- 57 mm
- 690 g
1 lbs. 9 oz.
|Dimensions||8 × 4 × 4 in|